Saturday, December 4, 2010

Brussels

Who would have thought that I would come to Belgium one day!
I knew about Belgium through the comic books which I had read when young including Tintin & Astrix. But that was about it. Recently I knew about it as this is the capital of European Union.
The city appears to be a mixture of different things. It has older looking building along with new skyscrapers. Upon talking to few people from this place I found out that it has a mixture of population comprising of those speaking French and those speaking Dutch.
If you are ever in this part of the world, do try to eat fish. I had salmon and shrimps which were fabulous. Belgium is also famous for its chocolates. We went to a very expensive store and tried one dark chocolate. It was the best one I have ever had. There were a lot of variety and especially because of holiday season lot of gift packs were available. There were chocolate with alcohol !
Traffic seems more Indian with people changing lanes with ease and also people to blow horn.
The appearance of people of Belgium is different. To be politically correct, most of them look like characters from the comic books.
Brussels was the last stop of my European trip from here I went to US. This wold be my first time in America. More in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment