Friday, September 30, 2011

US Trip: June 2011

My second trip to US was an complete business trip. I was there for a week and every day in a new city.
International flight this time was through Star alliance members - Lufthansa and Continental. And both of them was a bad experience. The service for these mammoth organizations are average. I guess they are surviving because of sheer size and network muscle. Flight from Mumbai to Frankfurt did not have a personal entertainment and even onward to US had limited options. I was excited for return from Continental because of direct flight from Newark to Mumbai, but I missed the flight due to delay in connecting. The service again post delay was poor.

In internal US flight, I had the opportunity to travel in Southwest. As I had read many case study during my MBA days, the experience proved amazing. Their operations process, informal and friendly service was like  a wave of fresh air.

Could not see much of US this time except the famous arc in St Loius.

No comments:

Post a Comment